From TD-er's Wiki
Revision as of 10:42, 11 September 2011 by Admin (Created page with "<big>'''Analysis of VoIP'''</big> == VoIP software == * Asterisk - A free PBX-system * Trixbox - A Linux-distro specially configured for Asterisk ** Trixbox 1.2.3 - O...")
Analysis of VoIP
- Asterisk - A free PBX-system
- Trixbox - A Linux-distro specially configured for Asterisk
- Dialplan Basics - The dialplan defines how Asterisk handles inbound and outbound calls.
- Pattern-matching syntax - Patterns used to match a dialed number, for routing purposes in a dialplan.
- Videoconferencing - Configuration to make a videocall
- Screenshots VoIPBuster-config - Screenshots describing the configuration of VoIPBuster in Asterisk.
- DUNDi configuration - How to setup your PBX to participate in a DUNDi cloud.
- Conference calls - MeetMe simple conference rooms for Asterisk.
- Dimensioning Asterisk PBX - Dimensioning PBX-server.
- H323 configuration - How to setup your PBX to handle H.323 clients
- VoIPBuster - A provider that can connect VoIP-calls to the PSTN.
- PSGw - Personal Skype to SIP and H.323 gateway.
To test the quality or your VoIP connection you can use some web tools that give you some information
- To test your VoIP quality and the MOS (Mean Opinion Score, from 1 to 5) for some places around the world
- To test if you have any problem in your routers/firewalls that do not let pass the VoIP communications.
- To know how many VoIP calls we can do simultaneously.
For comparison, see the VoIP-quality site testresults.
- IAX2 - Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol
- DUNDi - Distributed Universal Number Discovery
- SIP vs IAX
- SIP vs H323
- Videoswitch support for MeetMe - Very basic support for redirecting video within a MeetMe conference.
- app_conference - app_conference is a channel-independent conference application.
- Wireshark - Successor of Ethereal
- Ethereal - Network traffic analyser
- Bandwidth estimates
- SIPp - test tool / traffic generator for the SIP protocol
- Controlling Bandwidth
- Documents - Collected documents
- Links - Various links with related info.
- DIY - Information on how to setup a cheap BPX yourself.
- Getting started with this Wiki.
- THALES comments - THALES comments